At Eye Expressions in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. We provide diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases that affect the human eye.
COMMON OCULAR DISEASES:
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis) -Pink eye is commonly caused by a bacterial or viral infection, or an allergic reaction. Though pink eye can be irritating, it rarely affects your vision, and treatments can help ease the discomfort of pink eye. Because pink eye can be contagious, early diagnosis and treatment can help limit its spread.
- Styes and Chalazia-Two common conditions that affect your eyelids are styes and chalazia. A chalazion results from a blockage of one or more of the small oil producing glands that are in the upper and lower eyelids. Styes are infections or abscesses of an eyelid gland near an eyelash root or follicle.
- Dry Eye: Dry eye is most often a result of the eyes’ natural aging process. Unfortunately, dry eye cannot be cured, but your eyes’ sensitivity can be lessened. Treatment can be prescribed so that your eyes remain healthy and your vision is not affected. By working together with the professionals at Eye Expressions you can keep your eyes healthy and protect your good vision.
- Flashes and Floaters- Any sudden onset of many new floaters or flashes of light should be promptly evaluated by your optometrist. It is usually not a cause for worry but on rare occasions when light flashes accompany a large number of new floaters, prompt examination is important to determine if a torn retina or retinal detachment has occurred.
- Glaucoma-Glaucoma cannot currently be prevented and the cause is unknown, but it is one of the leading causes of blindness in the U.S. If detected at an early stage and treated promptly glaucoma can usually be controlled with little or no further vision loss. At Eye Expressions we can help you to decide what preventative measures are best for you.
- Macular Degeneration- Macular degeneration is the primary cause of central vision loss among older adults. Often, with adaptation, a person can cope well and continue to do most things they were accustomed to doing. Early detection of macular degeneration is the most important factor in determining if you can be treated effectively.
Come on In!
10 AM – 2 PM
Located in the LA Fitness Shopping Plaza 7100 Fairway Dr. Suite 39 Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418